How much does it cost to live in Hidden Village?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent is $390 per month. Each household pays its own utilities.
- The one-time membership fee is $500.
- Before the homeowners bought Hidden Village, we had monthly rent increases of about $20 almost every year. Rent has remained the same since we went co-op in September 2008.
- Hidden Village charges new members a non-refundable $57 application fee for each adult in the household. Find an application here.